Summer Favorites: What I've Done Differently

By 11:36 PM

Caution: I started writing this at 1:00 A.M. because I couldn't sleep. Sorry for the many grammatical errors & the way too many run-on sentences. Enjoy:)

~

As a kid, the Summer felt like forever (And I loved every minute of it). It was usually filled with video games, more video games, TV & more TV. But I'd pretty much spend a lot of days saying "I'm bored!?!" 

Now, I say "Can we go do this?!" And it seems like Time is passing so much faster. 

~

From monopolizing our imaginative fake industries in My Little Ponys to fighting over Bratzs dolls, I've been blessed by having 17 amazing years spent with my sisters & parents. 
I'd like to describe this post with my favorite things I've done differently this Summer than the rest! (Hence, I posted a picture of a smoothie my sister made because I really liked it haha.
Side note: Barnes & Nobles is seriously one of my favorite places. Starbucks + Magazines = Perfection. Bonus=Connor Franta.

Okay so really.

Family Walks-We all usually walked together frequently before but this Summer we have been trying to do it daily & it's been one of my favorite things to do! 
We also like to eat a bunch of watermelon slices after them, and it's soooo good. 

Making things-I was really into DIYs from YouTube & Pinterest this Summer! 


Summer Internship-It might be hard to believe but I legit have no work experience which is sort of, kind of important. Anyways, this Summer I am interning with the League of Women Voters where I do clerical work. I learned a lot of new stuff & saw cool things like old political acts & newspapers of what the League was doing at the time. 

Blogilates-These are so fun & fast and has made me so obsessed with these Pilate-like videos!

Summer Class-I'm taking my Calculus 1 credit over the Summer so I don't have to take it during the year. Now let's get this straight though, the calculus learning isn't so fun. But I love the fact I'm saving a bunch of money & that I get 4 credits worth pretty much packed into one month of Summer. Also, my professor is hilarious & usually lets us out early from class. (Hallelujah). 
Shopping-I think this will never get old any time of year! But Dorm shopping has been a lot more enjoyable mostly because I can't wait to decorate my own place!

Photography-I started photography as a hobby a few months ago & I love it. I shared some of them under my Photos♡ page. :)

New Animals!-Seigried, Bella, my family's four fishes (I think 2 died of old
age over this last Summer which is sad but we always replace them which is kind of happy & sad because we like to give the fish a good home
), & the newest addition, East End/Golduck-who is a super duper independent cat that we found at East End Park & pretty much loves anybody. Earlier this Summer, we also rescued a turtle (Jeffrey-named it) that was under my dad's car who I think was trying to get under shade. We released it into the stream-river thing near our house where we know a bunch of other turtles live. But yeah, Texas heat can't be kind of brutal sometimes. 

So yay that's it.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely still play video games. Super Smash Bros & Mario Kart are life. 

But anyways, I felt really productive this Summer & doing some things differently has really made it that much better. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments